Hey guys! We've been MIA for quite some time now! 2013 was... interesting for us. Many highs and a few lows, but we're blessed and thankful for it because it has prepared us for 2014. Last you heard from us, we were preparing for a half marathon in Panama City Beach, Florida, and let us be the first to tell you, it went great! We'll do a post about the race soon, but we had a great time. People seem to think we're crazy for loving it so much, and maybe we are, but we love it nonetheless. Some people hate running, but it's a great way to get out, travel, and many times, support different charities.
We've decided to shift gears a little bit here on the blog this year. We will still focus on food, exercise, DIY projects, etc., but we're shifting our direction to share a slightly more personal perspective of our lives. After all, the blog is called Schruff Shenanigans (pronounced Shruff). We want you to know what we're up to in the moment. We have a lot of great ideas, and events coming up, and can't wait to share them with you.
But back to the whole purpose of this post. With us shifting gears, we thought it would be fun to share with you 13 interesting facts about our marriage, just to give you an insider's look to how we got started. We consider our marriage a blessing, and we are best friends. We definitely didn't go the conventional route, but if you know us, we're anything but conventional. We chose 13 facts because we got married of Friday the 13th. We wouldn't trade any of it for the world.
1. When we first met, Trey was 19, and Ashlynn was 14. (We obviously didn't start dating then).
2. We met through a mutual friend, Christine, at a church where Trey's uncle was a youth pastor.
3. We didn't actually start dating until about six years after we first met.
4. Before we started dating, Ashlynn had moved back home from school, and so had Trey.
5. On our first lunch date, Ashlynn was 45 minutes late. (It was love)
6. We dated two month's before Trey proposed. Trey actually had the thought to propose when he was shopping for a promise ring, one month after they started dating.
7. One person thought we'd be divorced in three years. Our five year anniversary is next month.
8. We were engaged nearly two month's before we decided to go ahead and get married.
9. We got married in Pensacola, Florida.
10. 5 months into being married, we packed up, and moved to Tennessee, where we currently reside.
11. We didn't know it at the time, but we ended up completing our undergraduate degrees together and graduated together in 2012.
12. Ashlynn graduated Cum Laude, but Trey's 3.49 GPA didn't make the cut.
13. We were married on Friday the 13th. We call it our lucky day.